CCC Certification is equivalent to the 3C Certification.
The 3C Certification, known as China Compulsory Certification, is a product conformity assessment system implemented by China government, for the purpose of protecting consumer’s life and health, strengthening product quality, and is required to be acted with laws and regulations.
3C Certification is China Compulsory Certification in short. It includes:
(1) Within the framework of World Trade Organization (WTO) agreements, the General Agreement on Tariffs and Trade and common international rules, CCC is set up to ensure human, animal and plant’s safety, environmental protection and state security. The Certification and Accreditation Administration of the People’s Republic of China (CNCA) is responsible for administrating and coordinating the implementation of the certification.
(2) CCC Certification is featured by the unified Catalogue of the Mandatory Products, applicable national standards, technical regulations, implementation process with the identical markings and specified costs. All the products listed in the Mandatory Catalogue are subject to certified in order to be imported, sold and used in the legal way.
(3) According to China's commitments to WTO, the principle of national treatment, the orginal two systems covered a total of 138 products, the Catalogue of Mandatory Products published this time deleted 16 products including medical ultrasonic diagnosis and treatment devices etc. in the original compulsory certification management, while adding an extra 10 products including safety glasses for construction etc. The actual number of products listed in the Catalogue of Mandatory Products is 132.
(4) The state shall use a unified CCC marking for the listed products. The new name of the national compulsory certification marking is China Compulsory Certification, which can be used in short form “CCC”. Upon the implementation of the China Compulsory Certification mark, it shall replace the former “Great Wall” and “CCIB” marking.
(5) China standardized the charge for CCC in non-profit and serve-for-citizen principles, which also refers to the similar handling method in the other countries
(6) China Compulsory Certification shall become effective from Aug. 1st 2002. The relevant organizations shall intake the application officially. The former product safety certification and certification system shall be abolished from Aug. 1st 2003.
3C Certificate is the abbreviation of “China Compulsory Certification”, which is also the national unified marking for the listed product certification. As an authorized certification in combination of the three certifications CCIB (short for “China Commodity Inspection Bureau”), CCEE (short for “China Commission for Conformity Certification of Electrical Equipment”) and EMC (short for “electro-magnetic compatibility”), it is an irreplaceable and advanced symbol of China's General Administration of Quality Supervision, Inspection and Quarantine (AQSIQ) and the Certification and Accreditation Administration of the People’s Republic of China (CNCA) have geared themselves to the international conventions. At present, China promulgated the First Catalogue of Products subject to the China Compulsory Certification, which includes 19 categories and 132 types. The Catalogue mainly includes electrical wires and cables, low-voltage electrical apparatus, information technology equipment, safety glasses, firefighting equipment, motor vehicle tyres, latex products, etc.
Generally, 3C markings are presented on the surface of the product, or molded into the product. A number of small diamond shape “CCC” markings could be found. There is a random code following every 3C marking that can be matched to the corresponding manufacturer and product. The Certification Marking Issuing Center has input the code into a computer database while releasing it. The consumers can inquire the code through China Quality Certification Center.
The First Catalogue of Products subject to the China Compulsory Certification
1. Electrical wires and cables (total 5 items)
Wire assemblies, mining rubber sheathed flexible cables, wires and cables for railway rolling stock with rating voltage of and below 3kV, rubber insulated wires and cables with rating voltage of and below 450/750V, PVC insulated wires and cables with rating voltage < or =450/750V.
2. Switches for circuits, installation protective and connection devices (total 6 items)
Couplers (for household and industrial purposes and similar equipments), plug sockets (for household, industrial, and similar purposes), thermal links, cartridge fuse-links for miniature fuse, fixed electrical device switches for household and similar purposes, enclosures of fixed electrical accessories for household and similar purposes.
3. Low-voltage electrical apparatus (total 9 items)
Leakage protectors, circuit breakers (including RCCB, RCBO, MCB), fuses, low-voltage switches (disconnectors, disconnecting switches, fuse-combination units), other circuit protection devices [protector category: current limiters, circuit protectors, over current protectors, thermal protectors, overload relays, low-voltage electromechanical contactors, motor starters], relays (36V< voltage ￡1000 V), other switches (electric switches, vacuum switches, pressure switches, proximity switches, foot switches, thermal switches, liquid level switches, push button switches, limit switches, micro switches, reversing switches, temperature switches, travel switches, change-over switches, automatic change-over switches, knife switches) and other devices (contactors, motor starters, signal lamps, auxiliary contact components, main controllers, AC semiconductor motor controllers and starters), low-voltage switchgear assemblies.
4. Low-power motors (total 1 item)
5. Power tools (total 16 items)
Electric drills (including impact electric drills), electric screwdrivers and impact wrenches, electric grinding machines, sanders, circular saws, electric hammers (including demolition picks), non-flammable liquid electric spray guns, electric scissors (including double electric scissors and electric nibblers), tapping machines, reciprocating saws (including curve saws, knife saws), internal concrete vibrators, electric chain saws, electric planers, electric shrub and hedge trimmers, electric Bakelite milling and trimming machines, electric stone cutting machines (including electric marble cutting machines)
6. Electric welding machines (total 15 items)
Miniature AC arc welding machines, AC arc welding machines, DC arc welding machines, TIG welding machines, MIG/MAG welding machines, submerged arc welding machines, plasma arc cutting machines, plasma arc welding machines, arc welding transformer electric shock prevention devices, welding cable coupling devices, resistance welding machines, wire feeders for welding machines, welding torch for TIG welding machines, MIG/MAG welding guns, electric welding holders
7. Household and similar electrical appliances (total 18 items)
1) Refrigerators and food freezers: refrigerators, frozen-food storage cabinets and food freezers and combinations thereof, with an effective volume of less than 500 liters, with or without a refrigerated pantry for household or similar purposes,
2) Electric fans: single-phase AC and DC electric fans for household and similar purposes
3) Air conditioners: air conditioners for household and similar purposes with a cooling capacity of less than 21,000 Cal/hour
4) Motors-compressors: hermetically sealed (fully closed, semi-closed) motors-compressors for air conditioners and refrigeration units for household and similar purposes with an input power below 5000 W
5) Household electric washing machines: electric washing machines for washing clothes with or without water heating device, dehydration device or drying device
6) Electric water heaters: fixed water storage and rapid electric water heaters that heat water below the boiling point
7) Indoor heaters: radiant heaters, plate heaters, liquid-filled heaters, fan heaters, convection heaters, tubular heaters for household and similar purposes
8) Vacuum cleaners: vacuum cleaners made by series commutator motors or a DC motors that absorb dry dust or liquid
9) Skin and hair care appliances: electrical appliances with heating elements used for human or animal skin or hair care
10 ) Electric irons: dry and wet (steam) electric irons for household and similar purposes
11) Induction cookers: household or similar cookers that applies electromagnetic energy for heating and may contain one or more electromagnetic heating elements
12) Electric ovens: include electric ovens, toasters, waffle molds and similar appliances rated at capacity of less than 10 liters for household and similar purposes
13) Electric food processing equipment: electric food processing equipment and multi-functional food processing equipment for household and similar purposes
14) Microwave ovens: a household appliance designed to heat food and drink with one or more I.S.M. bands of electromagnetic energy at frequencies above 300 MHz It may have coloring and steam functions.
15) Electric stoves, stoves, ovens and similar appliances: including household electric stoves, separate fixed ovens, ovens, table ovens, cooking range of electric ovens, gridirons, ovenware and built-in ovens and gridirons
16) Range hoods: A household appliance installed on the upper part of a household cooking appliance and stove, equipped with a fan, lamp, and control regulator for sucking and removing kitchen lampblack
17) Liquid heaters and hot and cold water dispensers
18) Electric rice cookers: automatic insulation type or timing type electric rice cookers heated with electric heating elements
8. Audio and video apparatus (excluding radio and audio equipment and car audio equipment) (total 16 items)
Devices of output power under 500 W (effective value) including single speakers and multi-speaker active speakers, audio power amplifiers, radio tuners, radio of all broadcast bands, audio and video recording, playback and processing equipment for all kinds of carrier forms (including all kinds of laser disks, magnetic tapes, etc.), and the combination of the above equipment, power adapters supporting audio and video equipment, color TV receivers with a variety of imaging methods, monitors (excluding automotive television receivers), black and white television receivers and other monochrome television receivers, display tubes, video recorders, satellite television and radio receivers, electronic keyboards, antenna amplifiers, voice and television signal cable distribution system equipment and parts.
9. Information technology equipment (total 12 items)
Microcomputers, portable computers, display devices connected to computers, printing devices connected to computers, multi-purpose print copiers, scanners, computer built-in power supplies and power adapter chargers, computer game machines, learning machines, copiers, servers, financial and trade settlement electronic devices.
10. Lighting apparatus (total 2 items) (excluding lighting apparatus with voltage less than 36 V) lamps and ballasts
11. Telecommunication terminal equipment (total 9 items)
Modems, fax machines, fixed telephone terminals (ordinary telephone, calling number display telephones, card management telephones, recording telephone sets, pay phones, smart card telephones, IC card public telephones, hands-free telephones, digital telephones, telephone attachments), cordless telephone terminals (analog cordless telephones, digital cordless telephones), group telephones (group telephones, telephone conference operators), mobile user terminals (mobile phones, GSM digital cellular mobile stations (handsets and other terminal equipment), CDMA digital cellular mobile stations (handsets and other terminal equipment), ISDN terminals (network terminal equipment (NT1, NT1+), terminal adapters (cards) TA), data terminals (store-and-forward fax/sound cards, POS terminals, interface converters, hub and other data terminals), multimedia terminals (video telephones, video-conference terminals, information on demand terminals and other multimedia terminals)
12. Motor vehicles and safety parts (total 4 items)
1) Motor vehicles: M, N and O type vehicles on highways and city roads
2) Motorcycles: motorcycles whose engine exhaust capacity exceeds 50 cc or whose maximum design speed exceeds 50 Km/h
3) Automobile and motorcycle parts: automobile seat belts and motorcycle engines
13. Motor vehicle tyres (total 3 items)
1) Car tyres: sedan tyres (sedan radial tyres, sedan diagonal tyres), truck tyres (mini truck tyres, light truck tyres, medium/heavy truck tyres)
2) Motorcycle tyres: motorcycle tyres (code series, metric series, portable series, small wheel diameter series)
14. Safety glasses (total 3 items)
Automobile safety glasses (Class A laminated glasses, Class B laminated glasses, zone tempered glasses, tempered glasses), construction safety glasses (laminated glasses, tempered glasses), safety glasses for railway vehicles (laminated glasses, tempered glasses, safety insulating glasses)
15. Agricultural machinery (total 1 item)
Factory protection machinery (knapsack sprayers, knapsack powder guns), knapsack sprayer-duster)
16. Latex products (total 1 item) rubber condoms
17. Medical devices (total 7 items)
Medical X-ray diagnostic equipment, hemodialysis devices, hollow fiber dialyzers, extracorporeal circulation pipes of blood purification devices, electrocardiographs, implantable pacemakers, artificial heart-lung machines
State Administration for Market Regulation, China Food and Drug Administration and Certification and Accreditation Administration jointly issued a notice (No. 52, 2013) that effective from April 23, 2013, 8 types of medical equipment would no longer be under the regulation of the CCC certification, including medical X-ray diagnostic equipment, electrocardiogram devices, blood dialysis devices, hollow fiber dialyzers, blood purification devices of extracorporeal circulation of blood, artificial heart-lung machines, implantable cardiac pacemakers, rubber condoms.
18. Fire control products (total 3 items)
Fire alarm equipment (point type smoke fire alarm detectors, point type heat fire alarm detectors, fire alarm controllers, fire linkage control equipment, manual fire alarm push buttons), fire hoses, sprinkler equipment (sprinklers, wet alarm valves, water flow indicators, fire pressure switches)
19. Security and defense technology product (total 1 item)
Intrusion detectors (doppler microwave detectors for indoor use, active infrared intrusion detectors, passive infrared detectors for indoor use, microwave and passive infrared composite intrusion detectors)
The Second Catalogue of Products subject to the China Compulsory Certification
Wireless LAN products
The Third Catalogue of Products subject to the China Compulsory Certification
1. Solvent based wood ware coatings (referring to solvent based wood ware coatings for interior decoration/alkyd/polyurethane coatings)
2. Porcelain tiles (porcelain tiles with average water absorption rate E<=0.5% for building decoration)
3. Concrete antifreeze
The Fourth Catalogue of Products subject to the China Compulsory Certification
1. Intrusion detectors
1) Intrusion detectors with magnetic switches
2) Vibration intrusion detectors
3)Indoor passive glass breaking detectors
2.Theft preventive alarm controllers
3. Vehicle theft preventive alarm controllers
4.Theft preventive safe and theft preventive cabinets
The Fifth Catalogue of Products subject to the China Compulsory Certification
1. Baby Strollers and Carriages.
2. Electronic toys
3. Plastic toys
4. Metal toys
5. Projectile toys
6. Doll toys
The Sixth Catalogue of Products subject to the China Compulsory Certification
1. Motor vehicle lamps (headlights, turn signals; automotive front/rear/brake/profile lights, front fog lights, rear fog lights, reverse lights, parking lights, side sign lights and rear license plate lighting fixtures; motorcycle license plate lights, position lights)
2. Motor vehicle reflectors
3. Automobile driving recorders
4. Body reflective identifications
5. Automobile brake hoses
6. Automobile rearview mirrors
7. Automobile horns
8. Automobile fuel tanks
9. Door locks and door hinges
10. Interior materials
12. Head pillows
3C certification prerequisites
Firstly, the manufacturer must has a business license.
Secondly, the products manufactured is listed in the CCC Catalogue of Mandatory Products.
Thirdly, the manufacturer should have its own factory.
Fourthly, the manufacturer should be financially capable.
Fifth, the company has relevant documents, production environment, warehouse management and other important documents