Lithium battery standards
Lithium Ion Cells and Batteries Used in Portable Electronic Equipment-Safety Requirements
· The standard will be enforced on August 1, 2015;
· After the implementation of the standard, all lithium battery products must meet the requirements of the GB31241 standard;
· After the mandatory implementation of the new national standard, more stringent regulations will be put in place. Sampling on national, provincial and local levels shall be adopt the new national standards.
· Other standards
Certification category standards
001031 GB31241, GB/T28164, IEC62133-2012
001031 GB31241, GB/T28164, IEC62133-2012
Mobile power supplies
001031 GB31241 + GB8898/GB4343
Electronic product category
Detailed examples of various electronic products
Portable office products
Laptops, PADs, etc.
Mobile communication products
Mobile phones, cordless phones, Bluetooth headsets, walkie-talkies, etc.
Portable audio and video products
Portable televisions, portable players, cameras, camcorders, etc.
Other portable products
Electronic navigation devices, digital photo frames, game consoles, e-books, etc.
· The portable electronic products listed above are not exclusive, and therefore products not listed are not necessarily excluded from the scope of this Standard.
· Lithium ion batteries and battery packs used in wearable devices shall meet the Standard requirements.
1 Type test
·The certificate is valid for 1 year and subject to review before expiration.
2 Type test + initial production inspection + supervision after obtaining the certificate
· The certificate is perpetually valid
· Type test + supervision after obtaining the certificate
3 The certificate shall be perpetually valid, and shall be supervised after obtaining the certificate
1. Principle of unit division
· Multiple models can be placed on the same certificate to save testing costs. (See implementation rules for specific division principles)
· Batteries and battery packs shall be divided into different certification units.
· Products of different manufacturers, production factories or production sites shall be divided into different certification units.
2. Unit division principle and sample size
3. Key points of production inspection: factory quality assurance capability & product consistency inspection
(1) Quality assurance capability inspection of the factory
Conduct inspection in accordance with CQC/F001-2009 CQC Certification Requirements of Factory Quality Assurance Ability and Annex 2 Factory Quality control Testing Requirements for Safety certification of Portable Electronic Equipment Secondary batteries and Battery Packs.
(2) Product consistency inspection
During the production inspection, the consistency of the products applied for certification should be checked at the production site, and the following should be emphatically checked.
a The labeling of a certified product shall be consistent with the information indicated on the type test report;
b The structure of the certified product shall be consistent with the type test report;
c The key parts used in the certified product shall be consistent with the type test report;
d During the production inspection, at least one sample of each manufacturer and each product shall be taken for consistency inspection of the products for which certification is applied at the production site.
4. Reexamination and supervision after obtaining the certificate
(1) Reexamination (only applicable to Certification Mode 1)
a Submit the application for reexamination 3 months prior to expiration.
b When conducting a reexamination, the applicant may independently choose one of the two reexamination modes:
Choice one, conduct the type test again and the validity of the certificate will be extended for one year after passing the CQC reexamination.
Choice two, conduct reexamination of production inspection in accordance with the requirements of the initial production inspection. After the CQC reexamination, the certificate is perpetually valid.
(2) Supervision after obtaining the certificate
a For Certification Mode 2 and Mode 3, certificates shall be perpetually valid, and the validity of certificates shall be maintained through regular supervision
b For Certification Mode 3, the first supervision and inspection shall be within 3 months after the certificate is obtained. If it is not completed within 3 months, the relevant valid certificate should be suspended.
5. Changes of certified products
The certificate holder shall apply to CQC when making any changes to the content of the certificate or design, or structural parameters, appearance, key parts/raw materials of the product relating to safety, or any other change as specified by CQC.
If the requirements for the changes are met, the changes shall be approved. If a new certificate is issued, the serial number and effective approval date of the new certificate shall remain unchanged, and the renewal date shall be indicated.
Cycle: 35 working days from taking samples to issuing certificates (free sampling)
Application fees, certificate fees, production inspection fees: please consult the business department for details
Test fees: Test fees will be charged according to unit division and actual test items
Specific product category sample number of the EMTEK Battery Laboratory
Lithium-ion cells and batteries for mobile phones
84 pcs of batteries and 54 pcs of battery packs
Safety requirements for Portable Sealed Secondary Cells, and for Batteries made from them, for use in portable applications
68 pcs of batteries and 21 pcs of battery packs
Lithium-ion battery packs for information technology equipment (including telecommunications terminal equipment),
audio and video electronic equipment
5 pcs of the representative model,
and 1 pc for each of the other models
Lithium-ion batteries and battery packs for portable electronics
27 batteries (5-10 more spare batteries are recommended),
33 battery packs (5-10 spare ones are recommended)
The EMTEK Battery Laboratory has CBTL qualification and is the leading laboratory in China. We will help you obtain international certification for your products faster.
CE, ROHS, MSDS
MSDS report chemical safety specification is required for air transportation with batteries. All three certifications are mandatory
FCC is mandatory, UL is voluntary but authoritative
Demonstration of the Battery Laboratory equipment